Our life is all about the kids, their school and their everyday life. Being a parent is not always easy and through their childhood we meet all kind of challenges. As one mum said: I thought I was done with school, why didn't anyone tell me I had to do another 18 years of school when I had children.....she is so right. Parents are suppose to take part in school projects, arrangements, homework beside getting their children to and from school, giving them love, manners and support. It is exhausting. Every night when the kids are in bed, I start organizing for the next day, make sure they have the right things for the day - recorder, swim wear, right homework, books - it is never ending. I have to check the blog for each of the boys class' every day to be updated and even though I do my best it is easy to miss out on something. This week they had an evening arrangement where the kids could come to school in pyjamas at 5-7pm and read books with their parents. We went, all of us - to show how commited we are to our children. And on top of that we had to record all learning that happens outside school for a week. I just done 2 reports for tomorrow. So not only the children have homework, parents do too!
I assume the reason why parents are expected to be so engaged in their children's school is because most women are not working. So the working mums do feel bad that they can't go to school for every arrangement during the day.
Off to bed, another week starts tomorrow.
The very engaged parents
But thank God there are playstation, tv, nintendo, Ipads to entertain the kids when we need a break. We are just humans!
Thursday night with candy and a good movie!
No comments:
Post a Comment